You are here
* Sierra Leone Telecommunications Company Limited (SIERRATEL) is a limited liability company that is wholly owned by the Government of Sierra Leone. The company’s primary objective is to provide telecommunications services throughout the country at an affordable price.
* The company has been progressively rebuilding its network infrastructure over the past years following the destruction of numerous equipment during the period of the civil war. In 2009, Sierratel added a brand new CDMA network to its landlines infrastructures which by then was almost in a defunct state. The new land service will be modernized to provide data capabilities as well as improved voice connection when commissioned. This will take Sierratel to a new high as the company will be the only provider of mobile and fixed land line service for both voice and data in the country.
* The re-branded efforts of the company was rewarded in 2013 when, Sierratel won the prestigious ALL Walks OF LIFE (AWOL) award as the best telecommunications company. In like manner, the company was also awarded the best company in 2013 in the category of commerce as recognized by the Sierra Leone Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture.
* Corporate Head Quarter Offices Locations : 7, Wallace Johnson St.
* PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
* Member of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU-T)
* Member of the Sierra Leone Utility Service Providers